Pages

Follow me on Instagram

2/17/09

Greed

So yesterday, Joel told me about this kid named Filip Gigic who is a 15 year old ski racer living in Calgary. Filip has his own website (http://www.filipgigic.com/) and whilst browsing, I noticed his "Support Filip" page. In disbelief, I clicked on it and sure enough this kid has the nerve to ask people to pay for his skis equipement, outerwear, phones, training trips, schooling, and race fees. Although he has type 1 diabetes,I think that he is being rediculously selfish in focusing on what he wants/doesn't have/needs instead of being thankful for what he has. I don't think it's fair for him to be asking for a free ride when there are so many less fortunate people of all ages all over the world who don't even have clean drinking water, education or adequet food for a healthy life who ask for nothing. What pisses me off even more is that some people would even donate money to this individual when there are many other causes that mean so much more than 8 new pairs of skis and a new speed suit every year.
Filip - I hope you or your parents read this and get over yourselves, get your heads out of your asses, and think beyond yourselves. If you really need the money there are other ways to get it then to beg.

Best of luck to your skiing career.

No comments:

Post a Comment

booyahkashaa.